Regional Director of Clinical Services
Aventine Senior Living is looking for a Regional Director of Clinical Services to direct and oversee the clinical operations of our senior housing portfolio. This position has high accountability and reports directly to the Chief Clinical and Compliance Officer and responsibilities include quality care oversight, regulatory and company compliance and clinical system management. You should be able to provide on-site and remote support to the community operations teams for quality assurance. Ultimately, you will work with community teams to create strong clinical systems and help manage clinical efficiencies for continued compliance. We want candidates who have a proven track record in survey management and strong clinical organizational management.
- Develop, review and revise standards, guidelines, forms and job descriptions related to nursing services.
- Provide and/or promote staff educational programs, and monitor compliance with mandatory training as required.
- Perform RN Delegation with LVNS and Medication Technicians.
- Perform resident’s chart and medication cart audits quarterly and as needed, to ensure compliance with state regulations.
- Perform mock surveys for each community three or four months prior to annual survey date and document findings for Executive Director and Resident Service Director.
- Coordinate quarterly structured site visits, or as needed, to provide support and implementation of appropriate systems for both Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living.
- Provide training regarding best practice efforts and regulatory updates and changes.
- Establish and maintain a liaison with Directors of Nursing and Administrators.
- Collaborate with Executive Team, Executive Directors, Administrators, Resident Service Directors and other professional service providers.
- Coordinate with appropriate department directors and supervisors for services provided.
- Review all documentation required by state agencies.
- Participate as Resident Service Director as needed.
- Comply with state and federal requirements and regulations.
- Seek opportunities for personal and professional growth, related to clinical standards of practice, gerontology, rehabilitation, organization, management, regulatory agencies, infection control leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Remain innovative, with an ability to introduce new ideas and best practices.
- Train new Resident Services Directors when requested.
- Participate in presentations, when appropriate, for community organizations.
- Assist with writing a DADS required plan of correction as needed.
- Provide consultation services with staff as needed at each of the communities.
- Assist with development and implementation of the Risk Management Program.
- Track state surveys and participation if requested.
- Participate in investigations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse, with a current license in the State of Texas and Georgia, and in good standing.
- Prior experience in Assisted Living.
- Five to seven years’ experience in long-term care.
- Five years previous management experience.
- Knowledge of standards of care and practices applicable to the delivery of geriatric services, multiple medical diagnoses, including preventative measures and promoting independence.
- Proficient computer skills.